Saturday 10 September 2011

Lost


Life doesn't come with a roadmap, you have to navigate as best you can by your own efforts. When you've taken one wrong turning too many, though, you can find yourself helplessly lost, rudderless, in a featureless landscape, without love, without hope. After another depressingly futile phone call home, I'm not too far from that kind of place now. One of my colleagues at work last night said that he didn't know how I could do what I'm doing, spending a month, virtually, away from home. I answered with a platitude, but I could just as easily have said that I know how I do it, by just keeping on and accepting, but what really I don't know is why I do it.
Enjoy the music, it is, IMHO, one of the best records ever made. And more than apposite to my current situation.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

3 comments:

  1. It's true. Life doesn't come with neither a map or manual. All we can do is ride along, try steer and when things aren't going great show faith and hope for better times to come.

    Thanks for the music. Even though I have some issues with The Cure 'seventeen seconds' and even more the following 'faith' are simply stunning.

    Love
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess the why is because you need to support the ones you love, and away is the only place to do that right now.

    I've often wished Rand-MacNally offered a roadmap for life, wouldn't it be so much easier? But I guess we all have to muddle through as best we can.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great song, but for me it evokes some bittersweet emotions of that particular moment in time. It was ubiquitous around the time I was coming out. An angsty straight boy singing about (not) finding his girl just emphasised to me how I could never quite fit into the post-punk scene I so much wanted to be a part of.

    So the Saints bow out. Will Lyon and his team be able reinvent themselves for the way footy is now being played? "Lyon needs to embrace youth" - I just love the imagery behind that headline. I mean it's ironic that the club with the most cute young supporters is the most reluctant to play cute young players. You really must get to a Saints game one warm, sunny afternoon...

    ReplyDelete