Sunday 25 September 2011

Wound up, almost to breaking point

Two hours or so until we meet my daughter's exchange partner at the coach station in 'town', and there's a distinct flavour of tension in the air. As I would have predicted, today has been a mess of trying to get things done at the last minute, but what I wouldn't have predicted was the degree of backbiting aimed in my direction - just about everything I've said today has been 'wrong', or so it seems. I lost my cool a bit this afternoon, after yet another dig, asking if I should disappear back to Surrey if I'm such a persona non grata. Given that I'm already having my doubts about whether I'm in the right place anymore, emotionally, at least, this kind of drip of what I perceive as criticism isn't helping, at all. Yes, I know it takes two to make an argument, and I'm not claiming to be an innocent victim, but it does make life much less congenial than it might be having to deal with the, to say the least, difficult atmosphere here at the moment.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. Guess I shouldn't regale you with my breakfast this morning, with not one, but TWO handsome boys sitting at the table next to me. One about 10, the other probably 12...wow, it was hard to read the newspaper I had brought to keep me entertained.

    Hope things go well with the new person in the house! Guests usually bring out everyone's best behavior.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    I'm unimaginably jealous - I'd give my eye teeth to have breakfast with one cute boy, but two!!
    First impressions of the house guest are favourable, and I'm sure you're right that her presence will help to keep things on a civilised plane.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe this new, even though temporary, life in your family will change the dynamics for the better? Let's hope so.

    Love
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Daniel
    Hopefully so - my wife is off work this week, too, so maybe some quality time will ensue.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete