Wednesday 14 September 2011

Quinquagenarian's quincentennial

500 posts. With Blogland being characterised by comings and goings, I suppose getting to 500 is at least proof of the victory of hope over experience, if nothing else.
Over the course of those posts, there has, as anyone who has read my blog even casually will know, been a lot of discussion, soul-searching, self-loathing, even the occasional bit of good cheer, on the subject of boys. If I'm being dispassionate, I would have to admit it's been a bit of an obsession. For all that, though, there's never been a picture of a boy. Until now.


This was the picture I found a couple of weeks ago that so reminded me of my cousin, my darling boy, when he was this sort of age. The hair colour isn't quite right, but, that apart, it really is very like him, or like he was. Imagine him with slightly darker, honey-blond/reddish hair, and lovely green-brown eyes, and there he is.
I wanted there to be a second picture, and I spent hours looking for a DBJ 'lookalike', but I didn't even come close to finding one. Which just goes to show, by definition, I suppose, that there is only one 'most beautiful boy n the world'.
Thank you to everyone who has read my blog over the last year and a half, and especially to my followers. I love you all.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. WOW! 500 posts! Whew, that's a lot of writing and commiserating. Congratulations, Sammy, and thanks for being willing to share so much of your life with us. We can all learn from one another, and the support you've shown me is amazing. I appreciate it very much.

    And the boy is right good-looking!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    Thank you for being such a stalwart supporter of my blog. I'm sure you've given me far more than I've given in return, but you are, of course, welcome to any help I'm able to give.
    And, yes, a lovely boy, as my cousin was in his time. But he was loving, in his own way, and lovable, too, and those things are much more important, ultimately, than physical 'good looks'. Mind you, someone with all of those attributes is absolutely to die for!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, Sammy

    Sorry I missed this last night - I conked out very early, for no obvious reason.

    Congratulations on your quincentennial! It's an achievement that's looking increasingly unlikely for me. Best of luck for the next 500.

    Thanks also for the picture: he's a good-looking lad, and it's nice to have an image to go with your posts about your cousin.

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Mark
    Thanks for the good wishes. Another 500? I don't know about that! I'll try and get through the next five, and see how it goes from there.
    I'm glad you liked the picture - it's very bitter-sweet for me, given the way my life since those days has gone, but, on balance, I'm pleased to have found it, and to have shared it.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete