Friday 16 September 2011

Nothing makes me feel my age more....

....than being in pain. I've had an attack of gout today, and it was bloody sore. Still is, really, but having shovelled a few doses of ibuprofen down my throat during the day, it is starting to ease a bit. I still went to work, though, the dutiful ethic coming to the fore again, even though the walk to the station this morning was extremely unpleasant, and left me sweating profusely, even in the 6:00 autumnal cool - even I'll admit it's more or less autumn now! I'm sure I'll live, but with quality of life diminished for a day or two.
To slightly contradict what I said about the seasonal change, I'm hoping tomorrow afternoon might be pleasant, weather-wise, because I'm intending to go 'outing and abouting' after work, it being the last Saturday of summer, to do a bit of watching the world going by, although I doubt, in my current condition, I'll be doing much walking. Nice weather might induce a few cute boys out of hiding, hence the fingers being crossed to try and keep the rain gods at bay. We'll see.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment