Friday 23 July 2010

100 at 100

For my 100th post, a list of 100 things that enhance my life.

People/Places/Lifestyle
My wife
My daughter
My niece
My cousin & best friend
My brother
'DBJ'
Sunshine
Clear, starry night skies
Sea or river views
Beer gardens on summer afternoons
Cornwall
Gran Canaria
Paris
Jersey
Craster
Arnside
Dovestone Reservoir
Richmond Hill
Harrods Food Halls
Science Museum, London
The Inn on the Shore, Downderry
Moulin de Lecq, Greve de Lecq
The Dove, Hammersmith
My laptop
Mobile broadband
DAB radio
Beer
Chardonnay
Smoked salmon
Beef Wellington
Paella
Papas arrugadas con mojo rojo
Mint ice cream

Books/TV/Radio/Films/Culture/Entertainment/Nature
Ada - Vladimir Nabokov
The Chrysalids - John Wyndham
The Moralist - Rod Downey
1984 - George Orwell
A Clockwork Orange - Anthony Burgess
Loving Sander - Joseph Geraci
The Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy series - Douglas Adams
The Story of the Weasel - Carolyn Slaughter
Fire from Heaven - Mary Renault
The Castle - Franz Kafka
The Marriages Between Zones 3, 4 and 5 - Doris Lessing
A Boy's Own Story - Edmund White
The Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger
New Scientist
Horizon
Timewatch
Any art history programme presented by Tim Marlow
Winter Sports coverage on Eurosport
Monty Python's Flying Circus
The Young Ones
Night Waves
Damien - Omen 2
Another Country
The Silence of the Lambs
Rupert Everett
Jodie Foster
Piet Mondrian
Santiago Calatrava
Backgammon
Various games on Freearcade
Blogging
Cheetahs
Birds of prey

Music
Bad - U2
Sheer Heart Attack - Queen
Time - Pink Floyd
Karn Evil 9 (Live) - Emerson, Lake & Palmer
Astronomy Domine - Pink Floyd
Red - King Crimson
Woodpeckers From Mars - Faith No More
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
Never Understand - Jesus & Mary Chain
The Only One I Know - Charlatans
Silent Lucidity - Queensryche
Stargazer - Rainbow
Carry On Screaming - Extreme Noise Terror
Lagartija Nick - Bauhaus
Stockholm Syndrome - Muse
I Am The Resurrection - Stone Roses
Paranoid - Black Sabbath
Spirit Of Radio - Rush
Planet Claire - B-52's
I Will Follow - U2
Mystery Song - Status Quo
Holy Wars - Megadeth
Providence - King Crimson
Save A Prayer - Duran Duran
Drowse - Queen
Bomber- Motorhead
Silver Machine - Hawkwind
Mysterious Ways - Julia Fordham
Swords Of A Thousand Men - Tenpole Tudor
Gary Gilmour's Eyes - Adverts
I Vow to Thee, My Country - Spring-Rice/Holst
Carmina Burana - Carl Orff
Night on the Bare Mountain - Modest Mussorgsky

And last, but certainly not least, all you good people who have come here to read and comment on my blog, and encourage me to continue into the next hundred posts.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

1 comment:

  1. You know a lot more about you than I do about me. Sometimes I think my bad memory is a benefit.

    ReplyDelete