Saturday 10 July 2010

Best of luck, Babes

I won't be seeing my daughter at all today (Saturday), because she's going on a day trip to Alton Towers arranged through her school's PTA. As I've probably said before, one of the few downsides to living in this part of the world is that it's a bloody long way from anywhere much else, and this trip is a good example of it. They will be leaving at 5:30 this morning, and won't be back until 11:30 tonight, so she'll have left before I get back from work, and I'll be back at work again before she gets home. I just hope her and her friends have a good time while they're there, because it's going to be some endurance test for them!
I seem to have slipped back into my old, bad habits with 'Nephelokokkygia', starting things but never getting anything finished. The novel has been in abeyance for a couple of days, although that's mostly because of my general malaise - I've only written about 200 words in the last three days, and I'm seriously considering deleting them, because, to be frank, they're not very good. I might move them to an 'outtakes' file instead, just in case there are one or two gems amongst the dross that I can recycle at a later date, but most of it is beyond the point of resuscitation. Given my disenchantment with life at the moment, I've been trying to write a 'happy ending' kind of short story tonight, if only to try and lift my spirits a bit, and it got off to a promising start, but, again, I'm finding myself flagging - it's certainly not going to be finished before the end of my shift, which was the original plan. I'll just have to see if I can refocus sufficiently later on to get it into a postable state.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment