Saturday 31 July 2010

Remember the relaxed cat?

She wasn't very bloody relaxed at 5:15 this morning! We were woken up by the cat yowling and galloping about like a mad thing, obviously chasing some representative of the local wildlife (which eventually proved to be a large moth). It all quietened down again after a few minutes, but, by that time, I was wide awake - once I wake up, unless it really is the middle of the night, I find it almost impossible to get back to sleep again, so, despite the fact I was on late shift today, I only got up about an hour later than I did for the two previous days' early turns. Thanks very much, Miss Cat!
If I'd been full of proactivity, I'd have made good use of the extra time, but I'm afraid I wasn't, so I didn't. One of the many reasons I dislike late shift is that the mornings of those days just seem to be dominated by waiting to go to work - I suppose it's all a matter of mindset, and if I looked towards the 'glass half full' side I could say I had 2 or 3 or 4 hours to get things done, but I never seem to be able to do that.
My wife and daughter are making preparations to go away for a few days, over the weekend and into the first half of next week. My mother-in-law's health is still a cause for considerable concern, and possibly isn't likely to improve greatly, so my wife's family have decided to have a get-together before things get any worse. I'm not able to go because I can't get the time off work, so I'll have the house to myself, cat and moths apart, for a few days. Given that I'm on late shift tomorrow, and then start nights again on Sunday, I doubt that I'll be having too many wild parties!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment