Tuesday 20 July 2010

On the sick again

I'm off work again after this morning - I had to throw the towel in and ask for relief at 8:30, as my groin strain from earlier in the year reared its head again. It's been playing up since the middle of last week, and I've been trying to keep it under control with industrial strength painkillers, but I finally had to surrender when most of the muscles in the top half of my leg started going into spasm. I was keen not to go sick again, given that I've already had almost 6 weeks of that this year, and also because I have no ambition for my manager to accuse me of skiving because of disillusionment after last week's 'going or not going' fiasco, but, as my wife said, it's not as if any of my time off has been for anything other than genuine reasons. I'm off to the doctor's again tomorrow, anyway - I'll be needing a season ticket at this rate!
The cat is obviously unfazed by her moment of cyberspace stardom - she's assumed the same position as this time yesterday, blissfully asleep about three feet away from where I'm typing this!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are feeling bad. I hope it improves quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Brian
    Not so much feeling bad, as feeling old - I know of nothing more effective in making you feel your age than pain. Thank you for your concern.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, Sammy

    Ouch! :-(
    Not the same as my condition, but no less painful, I'm sure.

    Best of luck with the doctor, and with recovering generally; as you might guess, I recommend diclofenac!

    I'm sure the cat is aware that she's receiving the recognition that she's entitled to, and feels no need to acknowledge it further.

    *hugs*

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Mark
    Given that I know what the problem is, the main object of seeing the GP tomorrow is to pin down the strongest painkiller I can take that's compatible with the prescription medication I'm already on. I'm really fed up with the situation, not because I'm desperate to go back to work, apart from the issue about my manager's perceptions of my reasons for being off again, but because I'm a horribly impatient patient - I really resent being injured or ill, although I've obviously got no more right to health and fitness than anyone else. I hope your health is good at the moment.
    The cat, in the usual insouciant feline way, has tired of my company now, and has headed off to find some other comfortable spot - my daughter's bed, I suspect.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello =)
    I kind of know how you feel in that I always feel guilty about visiting our school nurse too often. I only really feel comfortable with visiting her about once a term so I'll borrow anyones painkillers and do anything to avoid seeing her more often than I feel comfortable with =P
    My parents say it's silly and that she's there to help people but I still feel guilty and I've only seen her about 20 times in my whole secondary school career!
    I sincerely hope that you feel better as soon as possible =)

    Lauren x

    (p.s. I'm sorry if you get this comment twice, my computer froze the first time and I had to re-type it ^^ Second time's a charm anyway!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Lauren
    I'm a lot better today, thank you, and I'll be back to work (for my sins!) tomorrow. I've got a long term aversion to medical things, especially hospitals - silly, as you say, perhaps it's the 'memento mori' thing, especially when you get to my advanced age!! My daughter's last day of term is tomorrow, I'm guessing you're in a similar position - I hope you have a great summer holiday.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete