Saturday 31 July 2010

Saturday morning rant

I took my wife and daughter across to our neighbouring town this morning to catch their train to the Midlands, en route for their few days away. I needed a bit of weekend shopping, so I called into the main supermarket in the town after leaving the station, and being Saturday morning, the shop was pretty busy. I have to admit that I'm not really a 'people person' - in fact, I can be a bit of a cold fish at times - but what I do always try to do is to have some consideration for others, and try to be polite. While I was making my way round the various supermarket aisles, I must, and I'm not exaggerating, have stopped and stood aside on 10 separate occasions to let other people come through gaps, or go ahead of me, and not a single one of them had the decency to say 'Thank you'.
By the time I got through the checkout and left, I felt like shouting at the top of my voice 'Has no-one here got any *&£$?!* manners!' I don't want to sound like some old fart bemoaning how 'it wasn't like this in my day', but surely it's not too difficult to show a modicum of gratitude? (For the record, I said 'Thank you' twice to people who had stopped for me.)
Thank you for reading. Rant off.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment