Wednesday 21 July 2010

Today - Take two

It looked as though today was going to be a bit of a downer (apart from having a evaded a late shift to go to the doctor's) from early on, because I jumped to the conclusion that I'd been ostracised in a certain place in the blogsphere, when it actually turned out that a comment I'd tried to make on that particular blog had been tripped up by a technical hiccup. I would've hated to think I'd upset the blogger concerned, and I'm very relieved that I didn't. The upshot of all that was my doing something I've never done before - I actually deleted a post from my blog, given that it had been overtaken by events.
The visit to the doctor was worthwhile, I learned how to juggle my prescription medication with painkillers which should adequately keep my aches and pains under control, as a result of which I'll be going back to work tomorrow (sadly!) - at least I've only got one more shift to endure before launching into my long weekend, five days away from purgatory, and another step closer to moving to my new job around the autumnal equinox.
My daughter is just coming to the end of her first year at grammar school - it's her last day of term tomorrow - and we've had a couple of bits of good news today in that area. She's accumulated over 50 'merits' - bonus points, for want of a better description - over the course of the school year, and will be presented with a nice certificate at final assembly, and she's going to be in the top stream for maths next term - maths is the only subject where pupils her age are streamed for ability - so all the hard work for her to have passed her 11-plus to get to the school in the first place has been worth it, especially as she's genuinely enjoyed her time there so far. I was a grammar school boy, and even appreciated I was at a good school when I was actually there, so I'm pleased things are working out for my daughter in the same way, at least at the moment - only another six years to go! (Sorry, Babes!)
Anyway, because I've cheered up since this morning, I'll regale you with the song that's highest in my personal hit parade that I don't actually own in any format at all!



Thank you very much to Lauren for becoming my latest follower.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your daughter for her success in school. I know you are proud of her.
    Glad the doctor visit proved worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Brian
    We certainly are proud of our daughter, and she knows it. I think she finds it a bit embarrassing sometimes, but why hide your light under a bushel - if you're good enough, why deny it? All in all, though, her happiness is the most important thing - if she wants to drop out, and she's happy and self-supporting doing it, then that's absolutely fine.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete