Monday 19 July 2010

Not the worst weekend of all time

Considering that I was working, the weekend just past had its brighter moments. I've already mentioned the unusually good view from my workplace window on Saturday morning, and I had another nice experience on Saturday evening, when I received a most uplifting reply to a comment I made on Rowan's blog (Daily Doings). After my recent doubts, it made me feel a lot better about my place in the blogsphere - thanks very much to Rowan for that.
Yesterday at work, apart from a brief exchange of words with the local pondlife and a flirtation with the idea of rushing out and doing one of them some serious damage, which I thankfully managed to restrain myself from, was largely taken up by finishing my latest story for the other blog. I received some positive feedback soon after I'd posted it, for which I'm very grateful (Thank you Brian and Mark), all helping towards encouraging me to keep at my fiction writing and trying to keep improving.
I've said a few times that I would still keep the blogs going even if no-one read them, and I think I'm being honest in saying that, but a little sign every now and again that at least a few people think what I'm writing is worth reading is a great fillip. Thank you again to everyone who has taken the time to read and comment on my blogs.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, Sammy

    Thanks for your kind words. I would like to comment on everything you write - after all, you've gone to trouble to write it, so a little feedback seems only fair - but I'm afraid that all too often I'm either unable to find anything I want to say, or simply too busy to respond before the next post has appeared. But please be assured that I read, and appreciate, everything you write.

    *hugs*

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mark
    You've been more than generous with your feedback, I don't want you to think for a moment that I expect you (or indeed anyone else) to comment on everything I write. I simply felt good about the positive words I'd been the recipient of over the weekend, and wanted to say a thank you to those who'd been kind enough to dispense them, yourself included. There's not enough hours in the day as it is, without spending your whole life in the blogsphere! As ever, I genuinely value your comments, thank you for all the time and trouble you take.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete