Thursday 22 July 2010

The weekend starts here

I seem to be determined to injure myself at the moment - before I even got into work for my last shift of the week, after my day and a half on the sick, I managed to strain a muscle in my arm when I was out shopping this morning. There was no way, short of total incapacity, that I was going to cry off again, though, so I swallowed a few more painkillers during the afternoon and evening, and managed to get through what was a comfortingly quiet shift and head home for the start of my long weekend off. It looks as though the first engagement of my time off will be as taxi driver for my daughter tomorrow - she's apparently arranged to meet up with some friends, now that the holidays have begun, so it was a case of the "Dad, can you take me..." conversation when I spoke to her on the phone from work earlier on. The joys of parenthood!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you're having a bad time of things health-wise at the moment. Hopefully it's just one of those things and it'll get better soon ^^
    I don't think that there are many dads with daughters who haven't heard those words! I know it's been a while since my dad has had a completely free weekend - my mum and I make him take his role as chief taxi driver very seriously!
    Have a good weekend, you seriously sound like you deserve it =)

    Lauren x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lauren
    I've got 5 days now to recuperate from my aches and pains, and I'm hoping to make the most of it. It's all just a sign of old age and decrepitude creeping up on me, I suspect!
    I can't complain too much about my 'Dad's Taxi' role - my wife does her fair share of the running about as well, and, given that my daughter's only 12, she's only just getting into the 'hectic social whirl' stage.
    I hope you enjoy your weekend.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete