Monday 26 July 2010

Lucubration and lugubriousness

Nice word, lucubration. I'd come across it once or twice before, and found it again yesterday. It fitted the latter third of my day and into the early hours of this morning - it means, in a nutshell, 'burning the midnight oil' - as I spent a few hours writing a new story for my other blog.
The 'inspiration', if that's the right word in the circumstances. for the story is still rumbling on. DJ's blog has now been deleted, but at least we know he saw the supportive comments that were left for him, because they'd appeared on his last post yesterday evening. I really hope things work out for him.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I hate it, I really do. The two blogs I most enjoyed reading are now gone. The two people I most enjoyed learning about and following their lives are lost to me. I know it's selfish of me but I feel life is cruel for making that happen. All I can do is hope both those people survive and have a good life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Brian
    It's been a sad weekend, there's no doubt about it. I've not made much of a secret of DJ being one of my favourite bloggers, while 'Yacky Box' was one of the reasons why I ventured into blogland myself, but at the end of the day, the sort of blogs we read are personal to their owners, and if they choose to delete them, then the only thing we can do is accept it, wish the people involved all the best for their futures and move on, however disappointing that may be.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete