Thursday 5 May 2011

Homeward bound

Through the wonders of the mobile internet, I'm blogging on the train on the way home - as I'm typing this, the train is just approaching Westbury. I didn't think until yesterday I'd be able to catch this train - I was expecting to be on the overnight service - but I finished early enough to make a mad dash to Paddington to catch this train instead. The upshot of it is that I'll get home about 6 hours earlier than expected, so that certainly qualifies as the good news of the day.
Hopefully, the long weekend will give me some time to chill out, but I suspect that, having been away for a fortnight, there will be plenty of odds and sods that need doing as well - I'll have to try and find a congenial balance between slobbing around and being the attentive husband and father that will be expected of me. At least I'll be at home, whatever the next few days bring.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

6 comments:

  1. Hi there, Sammy

    Well done on the earlier departure: I'm sure a night in your own bed will be distinctly preferable to one on the train. I hope the weekend is restful, however much attentiveness is called for.

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! I can't wait to get back over there and see the countryside from the train during the daylight instead of on a rainy night!

    Well good on getting there early. Extra time with your family will more than make up for the "honey-do" list!

    Enjoy your weekend!
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mark
    One of the (few?) advantages of working in a multi-staffed location again is the chance, occasionally, to get away a bit early, and that's definitely worked to my advantage tonight. Tomorrow will probably be the chance to really chill, with the family being at school and work, before I have to be a bit more 'attentive' over the following couple of days. I'll do my best to make the most of it, either way.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jay
    If you come down to Cornwall again, better put your order in to the weather gods well in advance - we're only allowed a few non-rainy days each year!
    The extra time at home is always welcome, of course, even if some of it will already be spoken for!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Overnight's on trains are fun in sleepers when you're young and sharing with your best friend!

    Otherwise HOORAY! for the early dart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Micky
    My own bed overnight was much the preferred option, and all the better for being unexpected until almost the last minute.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete