Sunday 1 May 2011

Incontrovertible proof....

....of man's inhumanity to man. Late turn on a Sunday, that is! I'm no fan of late turn at the best of times, but there's just something about late turn on a Sunday that makes it surpassingly dire, and the fact that today's was the first one I've worked since 2002 is no consolation at all! (I've worked plenty of Sundays in the interim, but they've always been twelve hour day or night shifts.) Oh well, I'll just have to get used to it, because we get five in each thirty week roster cycle, and, for all my complaining, they pay too well to think of giving them up.
The journey to work, including the brief shopping trip I made when I got off the train, was by far the highlight of my day. I've bemoaned the lack of cute boys in the area where I work a few times since I moved to this job, but it was a definite case of famine to feast this lunchtime - they seemed to be out in droves. Most of them were much too young, but still more than pleasant to look at - one in particular, in the supermarket where I picked up the few groceries I needed, was an absolute delight. I could quite happily have cried off work and just sat in the town centre, watching the cuties, but duty called, and all that!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with sightseeing on the way to work. Enjoy the scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Brian
    Just what I was doing! And enjoyable it was.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always nice to start the workday with a smile!
    Coolness!
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jay
    I can't argue with that - pity the following seven and a half hours had to happen!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete