Monday 9 May 2011

Masochism - the definitive proof

This post probably isn't going to mean much to most people who might read it, but still....
I must be a masochist. No doubt. Nothing to do with beautiful boys like this morning's. Nothing to do with marital ups and downs. Nothing to do with being away from home for weeks at a time to try and keep the financial ship afloat. I'm a Saints fan (and no, I don't mean Southampton, or even Northampton, for UK readers, or New Orleans, for those in the US). Q.E.D., especially after watching today's game.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. Yes, it's always a bad day when you let Carlton beat you. I fear it is going to be one of those years for your boys. What on earth has happned to Riewoldt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Billy
    It's the first time I've seen the Saints playing live this year - we get 2 or 3 games live each week on ESPN, and I can only watch them when I'm at home - and, to be honest, we struggled for more than half the match, before looking like champs for a quarter or so, then blowing it at the end. Rooey played pretty well today, but couldn't kick straight, but I think the biggest issue, apart from our perennial problem of having no worthwhile defence apart from Sam Fisher, is the loss of Lenny Hayes. Maybe there's some sort of cunning master plan afoot to get the early draft picks for next season!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah that's as maybe but Wolves got three valuable points - though personally I think it's all pretty futile and that they'll crash out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Micky
    While there's life, there's hope, and it's so tight at the bottom of the Premiership - the great escape might still be on! At least my lot can't be relegated, regardless of how inept they are!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete