Wednesday 11 May 2011

Up country, once again

I'm back in Surrey this evening, very reluctantly, I have to say, at the start of what could be up to three weeks away from home. I might manage to sneak home for a day in that time, but that will be all.
Thank you to everyone who commented on my posts of yesterday, knowing I'm not alone when I have my bad moments is very reassuring. It actually got worse almost immediately after I'd written the second post last night, because my wife came into the living room no more than a couple of minutes later, realised I was upset about something, and then got wound up herself when I wouldn't talk to her about it. Would that I could, as I've said on numerous previous occasions, but I really don't think it would be a good idea.
The first part of today was better, certainly for my daughter. She had the braces on her teeth removed this morning, after having had to wear them for the past couple of years. Her teeth are looking pretty good now, but I don't think there was all that much wrong with them to start with - I was dead set against her having the work done, the words 'over my dead body' passing my lips at one point, during a heated discussion with my wife on the subject. I still think it was nothing more than cosmetic surgery inflicted on a child unnecessarily - in fact, my wife and daughter's dentist more or less agreed with me when I raised it with him when I took my daughter for a regular dental check-up just before the process began - but I eventually gave in to what were essentially my wife's wishes rather than my daughter's, to defuse what was becoming a very serious rift between us at the time. Ironic, really, given that any outbreak of revelation last night would very probably have had the affect on our marriage that I compromised to avoid.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you on the braces issue. Sometimes I wonder if it isn't some strange fashion thing among the kids. Or unusually good business for the dentists making them impose braces wherever possible. Maybe a combination? Of course, there are cases when braces ARE needed... but is it really that many??
    Anyway. Hope you will have a decent stay, despite being away from home. Let me finish off by telling you this; Even though sometimes the feelings might go overwhelming, we're never alone.

    Love
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Daniel
    Although my daughter's treatment was covered by the NHS, I'm sure her dentist won't have made a loss on the deal. The waiting area at the surgery has acquired a large flat screen TV and leather sofas lately, so it doesn't look like they're heading for bankruptcy any time soon.
    One of the best, if not the best reason, for being in cyberspace is the friendship you can find here. I certainly appreciate the support I've received from you and numerous others over the past year or so.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete