Saturday 7 May 2011

Mr Fixit (almost), and eyes

I received an e-mail this morning from someone who had wanted to leave a comment on the blog, but hadn't been able to. I checked and adjusted the settings on both blogs, and anyone who would like to comment shouldn't now have any further problems. Whether that inspired me in some convoluted way, I'm not sure, but I went on to attempt a couple of DIY jobs around the house. That was probably rash, at best, because my technical skills are limited to the point of near non-existence, but the next part of the story went surprisingly well, as I managed to fit a new cat flap to the back door, without, as my wife rather archly commented, any bad language at all. It all rather fell down with the final item, though, as I struggled to sort out what should, for me, have been the easier job, given that what few practical skills I do have lie in simple electrical matters, as I changed the starter on the fluorescent tube in the kitchen - I somehow contrived to damage the connectors on the tube itself, and to crack the plastic cover for the light, before finally getting it all up and running with a spare tube we were lucky enough to have to hand, but not before the aforementioned bad language had made its appearance!
Because I was away and working on my birthday last week, my wife, daughter and I went out for a meal this evening. Unremarkable in itself, except that I saw the most beautiful pair of eyes I've seen for many a long day - stunning, stunning sapphire blue, just sensational. The fact that they belonged to a boy of about 5 or 6 will probably give some people the wrong impression, but I can't help that - it makes no difference if he had been 5 or 55, he still had gorgeous eyes. My daughter was getting 'the eye' as well, apparently, from a teenage boy sitting near us while we were waiting for a table - I had my back to the 'action', but my wife spotted it - all I can say is he's a young man of good taste, because my daughter is showing signs of growing up into an attractive young woman, and I say that without too much in the way of paternal bias, even if I do love her to bits!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. I hate DIY projects around the house. Houses are to be lived in, not constantly maintained! HAHAHA

    Sounds like a charming evening. Cool, Sammy!
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you are no "skilled craftsman" only a "handyman"(? Heimwerker in german). Have you ever tried to build-up Ikkea-furniture?
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jay
    I'm normally a firm believer in GSI (Get Someone In) rather than DIY - life's too short to spend it with hammers or paintbrushes in hand!
    It was a nice evening, times like that are some recompense for being away as much as I am.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guten Morgen Nikki
    Not even a 'handyman', and certainly no craftsman. I have had the dubious pleasure of putting together self-assembly furniture on a few occasions, usually with plenty of frustration and swearing!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete