Sunday 29 May 2011

Quite a contrast

On my 17th wedding anniversary, I was at home cooking a nice meal for my family. A year on, and I'm stuck on my own in Surrey, wishing my wife the compliments of the day over the phone and eating ready meals because my accommodation only has a microwave by way of cooking facilities. I know which option I prefer. At least I won a few brownie points by sending my wife a nice e-card - she'd never had one before, being a bit on the computer-phobic side.
That apart, it's been a bit of a bland day again, although I did take the 15-20 minute stroll into the centre of the town where I'm staying to do a bit of grocery shopping, so there was a little bit of exercise and fresh air to leaven the mix on my day off.
I've begun re-reading Just Hit 'Send' - I'd almost forgotten how good a story it is, especially considering the youth of its writer at the time he wrote it. If anyone isn't familiar with it, I'd recommend it highly. (It's here - http://iomfats.org/storyshelf/hosted/grasshopper/)

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you're stranded away from home on your anniversary. Even though you have a valid reason for not showing up it doesn't take away that sucking feeling, does it?

    YAY for micro-supper-cooking! I sometimes make a marvellous onion soup in that machine :D

    Love
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Daniel
    It's not what I would choose, certainly, but it's in a good cause, I suppose.
    Microwave ovens have their place, but I'd much rather have my fan oven and gas hob at home!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete