Saturday 15 October 2011

All work and no play....but some cuties, to sweeten the pill

Even though I was in for my seventh late shift in a row today (I bloody hate lates, especially at weekends), I had to be up early this morning, because I need an early-ish night - I'm doubling back for earlies in the morning. Technically, we're not supposed to do it these days, as I think I've said before, but as with most things, the management can bend the rules to suit, even if us 'poor bloody infantry' can't. My shift today was very quiet, though, with most of the position I was covering being shut for the weekend for renewals and maintenance, so it was just a case of fielding an occasional phone call and keeping boredom at bay. I'll be doing a bit more work in the morning - I'm covering a different position - but it still shouldn't be too onerous, if everything goes according to plan.
Being a weekend, though, and sunny to boot, my 'cutie drought' which had been going on all week was finally broken on the way to work at lunchtime. Most notable was an absolute little darling on the train, who was much too young to do anything other than say 'Awww' about, which I duly did (silently, of course) - very pretty, and with the most gorgeous pale blue eyes, and funny, too, dancing around one of the posts in the door area while the train was waiting outside my (and his) destination station for its platform to clear, round and round until he said 'Ooohhh!' and wobbled a little bit, evidently having made himself rather dizzy. Too cute for words, almost.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I hated making quick shift changes. I guess there are advantages to government work...it tends to be 9-5, M-F (or something close), last Friday excepted!

    Cool on the cutie!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    This particular quick turnround has been a bit of a struggle - right from the alarm going off ths morning (or was it the middle of the night?!) until almost now, I've felt really washed out and half asleep. I'm getting too old for this game, I think!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete