Saturday 1 October 2011

Not going out

The best laid plans, and all that. The girls' outing to town overran substantially, so the evening out has been aborted. M doesn't want to go, because she's got to pack and be up early in the morning, so her last night here is now going to be marked by that well-known British tradition, the Chinese takeaway. My daughter, to give her credit, at least looked sheepish when they got back, but M doesn't seem to be that bothered. Teenager mode, no doubt, the delights I'll have to come with my daughter in the next few years. Still, I was no better, thirty-odd years ago, so far be it from me to complain. For that matter, I'm probably not that much better now!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Ah, the joys of parenthood!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    Indeed! Having said that, I've just spent an hour or so with my daughter snuggled up to me and chatting - the pros, as usual, outweigh the cons. I love her to bits, almost enough to say it's all worthwhile. Almost.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete