Sunday 23 October 2011

Autumnation....and complication

Autumnation - like hibernation, just earlier. That's been the story of our day today. It isn't that the weather here has been particularly uncongenial, or anything like that, just a bit on the windy side, but we didn't have any specific reason to go out, so we didn't. A quiet, lazy family Sunday, bookended by bacon sandwiches for brunch, and a roast beef dinner this evening - I do occasionally have my uses, even if they're only culinary. In between, I spent my time watching today's rather surprising events in the Premier League, and fiddling around with some of the drafts in 'Cuckoos' to see if I might be able to get something more substantial posted than I have of late. There is one story in particular that I've been working on intermittently for months that could turn into something worthwhile, if I can clarify where to take it next. As ever with my fiction writing, though, I'm making absolutely no promises.
But then, this evening, complication and confusion. Something has happened that I really don't know how to react to, even after nearly two hours of thinking pretty hard about it. It's not necessarily bad, and could, indeed, be good, but it's a situation I haven't been in before, and, as usual, life doesn't come with a map or manual - you have to make it up as you go along. Heart and head say different things. And who knows which is right, until you commit.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Seems there was a lot of "sloth" in the air this weekend! I've seen a couple other bloggers who took it easy, too! I actually went out yesterday, almost all day, though alone the whole time. Today was slower - breakfast and newspaper out, then I've been preparing for an event I run next February, so it's been printing, building spreadsheets, just generally getting ready! Hope the situation works out WELL!!!!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    Kudos to you for having a productive weekend, while the rest of us were slobbing around! Yesterday was just one of those days when none of us had much motivation to do anything - except relax, of course.
    I really don't know yet whether there will be anything to work out, or not, but thank you for the good wishes, nonetheless.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete