Sunday 2 October 2011

Normal service resumed

Back to our customary ménage à trois, with the departure of my daughter's exchange partner this morning. It meant an early start for us all, because she had to be at the coach station by 8:00, but we duly delivered her on time, to meet up with the rest of her compatriots and head to London, en route to her northern homeland. She hasn't been an onerous guest, and hopefully she won't have found us onerous hosts. I wouldn't be surprised if my daughter stays in touch with her - reasonably effortless, in these days of e-mail and Facebook - but what might be more significant, on a day to day basis, could be the new friends my daughter has made amongst her schoolmates who have also been involved in the project. One girl in particular, who only lives 4 or 5 miles from us, on the same side of 'the bridge', I can envisage seeing rather more of in the future.
Perhaps I should have said ménage à quatre before, because the next job of the day was to retrieve the queen of the house from her temporary exile - M has a cat allergy, and we have a particularly allergenic cat, so she's been boarded for the past week. My wife and daughter, depressingly, were far more enthusiastic about the cat's return than they ever are when I come back from Surrey. I know my place!
Apart from a shopping trip, much of the rest of my day has been occupied by my writing a little story for 'Cuckoos'. The sort of story 98% of the population would want to see me strung up for, no doubt, but is this the face of a worried man?

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. You seem to be in good spirits, Sammy. That's great!

    I hear you about the cat. It's enough to drive you crazy...HAHAHA

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    More resignation than good spirits, I suspect, but it's whatever gets you through, I guess. Now we're back to a more normal routine, I might be able to have one or two chill-out days, before I have to head back to Surrey on Saturday evening for work on Sunday. That's the problem with holidays, they come to an end all too soon.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete