Sunday 16 October 2011

Never got started

It's just been one of those days - right from the moment my alarm went off at 5:20 this morning, I don't seem to have been able to get out of first gear. I almost literally sleepwalked through my shift at work this morning, although I managed, more by luck than judgment, to avoid doing anything deranged, got relieved nice and early, fortunately, did some shopping on the way back, then spent most of the afternoon asleep. Even after that, though, I'm still feeling pretty lifeless, so I'll probably end up having an early night. Another example of the thrilling lifestyle I lead.
Frustrating at the time, but quite amusing thinking back now, was the way circumstances prevented me being able to admire what I think would have been a fairly high grade cutie in the shopping centre where I went for my groceries - he had his back to me as I initially approached, which was a nice enough view, but not quite ideal, then, as I drew level with him, I turned his way, to find that he was hidden behind a partition of the coffee shop in the middle of the shopping centre, from my perspective, then when he emerged from the other side of the café, and I looked for a third time, he had his back to me again, having turned to the right. Meh! Still, you can't win them all, and he was with (presumably) his dad, anyway, so it's perhaps as well that I didn't ogle him too obviously!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

3 comments:

  1. Argh, 5:20AM! I haven't been up at that hour in nearly a year! HAHAHA

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get up at 0520 when I oversleep.

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jay & Andy
    I know I'm not the only one who has an early start to contend with, and I can usually manage, after all the years of practice, but on this occasion, it was a distinct struggle, and didn't get any better as the day progressed. I was a bit more 'with it' for the repeat performance today, though!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete