Friday 7 October 2011

Honesty is the best policy - except when it isn't

I've tried, in my time in Blogland, to be honest. And today, I've reaped the reward of that policy. Rejection. From a direction that has really knocked the stuffing out of me. It's totally my fault, of course. But it still hurts.
I need to think now about where I go, and whether I carry on. I can't take back what I've written, pretend it wasn't true, because that would be dishonest in itself. If I delete everything and never resurface in cyberspace again, there are enough people who know the truth. I guess that's the chance you take when you put yourself out there. Lies hurt, truth hurts. You can't win, it seems.

If you want me not to follow your blog, reply to my comment of today on the blog and tell me, and I'll stay away. Of all the people in cyberspace, you're absolutely the last one I want to upset. I really, really hope you don't think that when I said I cared, I was lying for some nefarious reason. I did, and do care. Very much.

Love & best wishes to all (and to one person in particular)
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. "...there are enough people who know the truth."

    So...WHAT??? !!!

    (Rhetoric question, of course.)

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Andy
    So what, indeed. That's why I probably won't be binning my blogs. But when honesty is not what people want to read, and lies are not my style, it cuts the options down, rather. Damned if you do, and damned if you don't. Of course, if I wasn't a boylover, none of this would be an issue. But I am, so it is.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to sound belligerent...it was the beer talking!

    Just live your life as best you can without hurting those you love.

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Andy
    I didn't take your comment as belligerent, even though I'd consumed more than my fair share of alcohol, too. I've just found myself between a rock and a hard place, wanting, as I said, to be honest, but in doing so alienating someone I care about. But life goes on, as you suggest, and I'll carry on trying to find the least worst option, which will probably include staying in Blogland, at least for the moment.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete