Tuesday 25 October 2011

Staying calm depends on your circumstances

I've been almost 'new-agedly' chilled over the last day or so, but the imminence of returning to work has begun to impinge on the preternatural calm. Five days isn't very long, in the 'deep time' scheme of things, but it's got me back into an 'at home' mindset that I would very much like not to break. The other potential 'break', my uncertainty about my health, doesn't help, either - if I'm going to keel over sometime soon, I'd rather it happened in Cornwall than 'up country'. It would be the ultimate downer if I couldn't even expire at home, but alone in exile. Yeah, melodrama queen, I know, but I can't help it.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Don't know that you're being melodramatic. I worry about what people will "find" of mine if I go suddenly (none of it is an offense, but it might be considered offensive, if you get my drift). I'm already alone, so there is a good chance of that happening. You can positively effect your health, though, so to prolong your life, and thus up the chances that you'll be working near home again in the future, thusly expiring in your preferred location.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    Maybe melodrama isn't quite the right concept here, although being away as much as I am - I'm on the train now en route back to work - the unattractive idea of something happening to me while I'm away is something that concerns me. I don't want to turn the morbidity levels up too much though - it's bad enough being away as it is, without making it worse.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete