Monday 31 October 2011

Billions of things

One of my work colleagues had agreed to work overtime today, staying on after the regular early shift to cover the first part of an uncovered late turn. He commented that, if he was able to go back and revisit the decision, he'd have said 'no'. I was prompted to say that if I could go back, armed with a dose of hindsight, there were 'billions of things' I'd have done differently. 'Billions', of course, is an exaggeration, but when I think of the major decisions in my life, I've got almost every single one wrong, in some cases wildly, hideously wrong. And I wonder why my life is such a mess.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Just remember one thing: Hindsight is 20/20.
    I look back and wonder if decision #x was right. At the time, it was. Who knows now.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    I've often said hindsight is the most useless commodity known to man, never able to solve anything. Yes, you can only do the best you can at the time, and then live with the consequences, good, bad or indifferent.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete