Friday 7 October 2011

The end of days

Holidays, that is. Today is my last full free day - I'm not actually working until Sunday, but tomorrow will be arranged around the five hour journey back to Surrey - so I've been spending it, so far, doing very little, in all honesty. I even ended up asleep a couple of hours ago, albeit not for very long, which is pretty unusual for me during the day, certainly on non-working days (I do conk out after an early shift, every now and again). I'm not, at all, looking forward to going back to work, but, frankly, how many people do after a fortnight off? Not many I have dealings with, certainly.
To mark the end of my break, we're going out for a family meal this evening, unless anything unforeseen intervenes in the next couple of hours. It will only be to our local(ish) Tex-Mex diner place, in all probability, but it's something a little out of the ordinary, at least. A bit of escapism, probably somewhat alcohol fuelled in my case, before having to bow to reality and the need to try and keep the financial plates spinning a bit longer.
Thank you very much to Rowan for becoming my latest follower.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment