Wednesday 5 October 2011

When you're having an unhappy day....

....what you just don't need is bad luck. I've been very jittery today, largely having financial panic attacks, coupled with the impending end of my holiday, with its concomitant return to exile. Not a happy combination. Then, less than half an hour ago, a movement outside our front window caught my eye. I saw the top of a head of blond hair moving left to right, from the direction of next door, Someone delivering one of the selection of free papers we're regaled with here during the course of the week. I went to the window, but by that time the deliverer had moved onto the next house again, and I just saw his t-shirted and jeaned back walking down the drive, and then round the corner and out of sight. Two minutes later, my daughter came in, later than usual after choir practise at school, all excited, and asking whether we'd just had a paper delivered. Yes, we have. That was E delivering our paper. Who's E, you might ask. My daughter's former primary school classmate, who caused me to almost crash my car last summer by his sheer gorgeousness. We've got the most beautiful paper boy in the bloody town, and I missed seeing him. Aarrgghh doesn't even begin to cover it.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I hate when that happens!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    Frustrating, and no mistake. My daughter, with her 'inside knowledge', found my gnashing of teeth quite amusing. Thanks, babes!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete