Monday 10 October 2011

Clarification

Reading back the second part of the previous post, it has occurred to me that it could be construed as criticism of, or even an attack on the person referred to. I want to make it clear that that's not the case, in any way at all. When I say I've 'reached out', what I've said and done has been entirely of my own volition, not sought out in any way by the other party. No blame, at all, attaches to anyone other than me. I am what I am, and I know that reality is hard for many, f not most people to come to terms with. All I've looked to do in the posts that have alluded to this issue in recent days is to express my feelings. No-one owes me anything, least of all someone who has had more than enough problems of their own. If I did ask for anything for myself, it would simply be the acceptance that I had, and have, no hidden agenda - my care and concern is genuine, and altruistic, in the sense of wanting good for the person for the person's own sake, in no way for mine. And, although the only evidence for what I say are the bare words I've written, here and now, and over the past year and a half since I first encountered the person concerned here in cyberspace, what I say is true. I might be a lot of things, most of them not very admirable, but, in this context, I'm not a liar.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. Well, it's my experience that often times, people you reach out to are not receptive to your help, no matter how much they need it.

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Andy
    How many of us are receptive to unsolicited advice? There's no criticism implied by what I've written, that's the only point I'm trying to make here.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I, at least, didn't read it that way. I believe you 100%, but you reached out to someone who is very gun shy. He, by his own admission, is a loner, and happy to be that way. I don't think his lack of response is a reflection on your motives.

    And as for advice, my motto is: "Most asked for advice is unheeded, and most unasked for advice is unwanted." So I try not to advise much. It's better to help people find their own solutions to their problems rather than suggesting stuff to them. Which reminds me...you will take my advice in the last email, right?

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jay
    I don't think I dispensed too much 'advice' per se, just tried to offer empathy and support, which is, as far as I see it, all I do in the great majority of situations here in cyberspace. In this instance, all I wanted to do was to make it clear that wasn't 'on the attack'. I'd never do that to the person in question, even if he was directly and explicitly impugning my motives, which he certainly isn't.
    Anyway, time to draw a line and move on - that's my advice to myself here.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete