Tuesday 18 October 2011

Discipline

After more than three months, considerably more than double the time the process is supposed to take, I finally had my disciplinary hearing in connection with my safety irregularity in July. My manager had already intimated that I wouldn't be looking for a new job after today, but that was fairly obvious anyway, given that I'd been back at work since two weeks after the incident. Having said that, I was still rather apprehensive, approaching a hearing with a manager from another area - seemingly these things are not undertaken by your own manager to give some semblance of independence - who I'd never met before and knew nothing about beyond having heard his name, and given that I'd never been involved in anything like this before. In the event, it wasn't too traumatic, I pleaded 'guilty', to coin a legal parallel, and received the most lenient available 'sentence', a written warning, which will only be on my record for 12 months, as long as I can avoid doing anything else deranged in the interim. It is, at least, the end of the procedure, and one less thing to worry about, albeit a small worry in the overall scheme of things.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. Good to hear. But then, as you said, the outcome was expected.

    Over here written warnings are on the record for 6 months, and if you happen to have two of them running simultaneously it's a legally valid reason to be fired.

    Love
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Daniel
    Thanks - expecting a particular outcome isn't quite the same as knowing, so I'm glad it's more or less over now.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHEW! I wish my "record" could be expunged, but in the education business, once accused, always guilty.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jay
    One more reason why I steer well clear of boys, and young people in general, most of the time - as you say, you're guilty until proven innocent in the face of any accusations, and even when you're exonerated, no-one believes you. There's no substitute, it seems, for a good hate figure.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete