Friday 28 October 2011

Brain fade

A long day at work, ten hours at the 'coalface' has left me feeling thoroughly washed out, more mentally than physically. I'm in no way 'digging ditches', but to concentrate to the extent necessary, hour after hour, is draining in itself, of course. And there's more - another even longer day shift tomorrow, albeit Saturday is usually slightly quieter, then a double back for Sunday early shift, again. It makes the end of next week, when I've got two and a half days off and the chance of a flying visit home, all the more worthy of looking forward to.
At least the 'bigotry meter' was on a much lower setting today - if there had been a repeat of yesterday, when the bullshit flowed by the hour, I might have been tempted to defenestrate someone. And we're short enough of staff as it is!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Glad things were better in the comments department!

    Those quick turnarounds would kill me pretty quickly. I don't understand how they expect you to do safety related work when you can't possibly be getting enough rest, just to turn around on shifts!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    Years of practice is, I guess, the answer to your question about how I can do the job without much in the way of sleep. Tomorrow's shift is voluntary, effectively - it should have been a day off, and I made myself available to work. It shouldn't be too bad - in for a few hours in the morning, and a chill-out afternoon to follow. I hope.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete