Sunday 30 October 2011

Psychological winter begins

5:20, and it's dark. The clocks went back to GMT this morning. If I really dislike one thing about the winter, it's the dark evenings - or even dark afternoons, as the solstice approaches. I've just closed the curtains, so I don't have to be reminded about the depressing view outside. Five months of winter to endure. I can hardly restrain my enthusiasm.
This morning's shift at work, at least, didn't add to the gloom - it was, not to beat about the bush too much, money for old rope. I refuse to feel guilty, though - I've had enough headache-inducing days at work in the last 13 months, so an easy one every now and again isn't too much to ask for, I hope.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. We fall back next weekend. I don't look forward to the shortened hours of light as we move towards winter.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    I think I should take up hibernation. Wake me up about April, please!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete