Friday 21 October 2011

Cherish

'If you don't have much, cherish it even more'. Such a good philosophy. I try, I really do. I know, objectively, how much better off I am than so many others. But when you try and try, and still don't do enough, in the eyes of someone you are making the effort on behalf of, it takes such resolution, maybe more than I possess, to keep going. And then you have to take your daughter to spend her own money, effectively her whole month's pocket money, on a new mouse and webcam for her laptop, because you haven't got enough money to pay for them for her, like any worthwhile parent would. It's so hard. such a rotten position to be in. On top of everything else, it's just bloody soul-destroying.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Pretty profound, huh? Don't feel bad about money, it's just money. Lots of us paid for all our stuff by the time we were teenagers, my siblings and I certainly did - mom and dad couldn't afford it after a bankruptcy. At least you've got a house, and a job, and reasonable health, and a wonderful family.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    I didn't have much as a teenager, either, until I managed to start making my own money, first through a paper round, and later with other part-time jobs, but my aspiration was that my daughter wouldn't have to be in that position - not that she should be given anything she wants, but, at least, that money wouldn't be a perpetual concern, like it was when I was growing up. So much for aspirations.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete