Thursday 27 October 2011

Thanks a lot, you worthless bigots

Another casualty of the haters, it seems, It appears that the wonderful, delightful love story that is Twinergy and the Boys of Clear Lake has been brought to an end by cyber attacks on Cody's site. It has been one of my very favourite stories from before I set sail onto the cyberspace ocean in my own right - indeed, it's one of the main reasons I've got a blog at all. For anyone not familiar with the story, I would recommend that you go and see it for yourself while you can - the link is in my Blog List.
Sad news, on many levels, as far as I'm concerned.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. I guess it's part of the cost of the "open" Internet.

    Homophobia IS rampant.

    Maybe Cody should get that "Wiki Leaks" guy to run his blog.

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Andy
    Homophobia rampant? Tell me about it, I've just sat through hours of it at work, including the most revoltingly emetic anti-gay jibe - I won't give what was said the distinction of being called a joke, even though that's what the individual who came out with it thought it was, evidently - I've ever heard. My jaw was literally aching from clenching my teeth at one stage. It's not cowardice that keeps me quiet, it's the prospect of losing my livelihood - if I complain, still less get into an argument, there's one of me and thirty-odd of them. Who do you think they'd get rid of?
    As far as Twinergy goes, I hope Cody will find some way of keeping it going. It's his call, of course, but it would be such a shame to lose it in such a fashion.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crap, though I notice someone suggested a place he could move to...hope he does.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jay
    I saw the comment - I hope so too. Twinergy is the last remaining link to my start in blogging, so it would be doubly sad for me to see it go.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete