Thursday 20 October 2011

Cold?

When we got back from my wife having picked me up from the station earlier, she said as we got out of the car 'It's cold, isn't it?. Well, no, actually, not compared with when I left my accommodation at just after 6:00 this morning to go to work. I'm not claiming we're basking in tropical conditions, by any means, but, as is often the case, it was noticeably milder here than 'up country'. One of the many joys of living in Cornwall, the good old maritime climate. It might rain rather more than you'd ideally like, but at least it's warm rain, more often than not.
More good news when I got back, too - the two extra days of my daughter's company I mentioned yesterday has proven to be three, because she actually finished school for the half-term break today, tomorrow being a 'Baker Day', one of the occasional teacher training days schools in the UK have. How much we'll do remains to be seen, though, because my daughter is threatening to indulge in a serious lie-in tomorrow morning - whatever else, there are some stereotypically teenage traits about her, and why not, indeed?

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I've been there in the winter, hope to be there next summer...should be an interesting contrast!

    Have fun on your extended weekend.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    If you get here in the summer, bear in mind the fridge magnet that my daughter bought as a little souvenir for her Finnish exchange partner - two identical pictures of sheep standing in a field in pouring rain, one captioned 'Cornwall in Winter', and the other 'Cornwall in Summer'! But we love it here, anyway!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete