Monday 3 October 2011

The resurgence of Autumn

I've just been out for a short walk to our local pharmacy (up a bloody hill, this is Cornwall, after all! - at least it was downhill on the way back) to pick up my heart meds prescription, and it seems our rather lovely little Indian summer of the past 4 or 5 days is on the way out. The clouds have rolled in, and it's a good 10° C cooler than it was even two or three hours ago. Today was forecast to be the last warm day, anyway, but it would have been nice if we could at least have got to the end of daylight hours before the weather gave up on us. Oh well, only another five or six months until it starts picking up again.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I loved the 50 degrees I exited the house into this morning and it wasn't too hot all day, perhaps 70 when I drove home. I'm looking forward to fall!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    I'm not a fan of autumn and winter, as much because of the lack of daylight as the weather - knowing Cornwall as you do, you know we can get 'wet and windy' pretty much any day of the year! All the complaining in the world isn't going to affect the passing of the seasons, though, so it's a case of making the best of it.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete